Fantasy Photography: Marie




I'm starting a new category of portrait on my blog, "Fantasy Photography." It'll include lingerie/boudoir shoots (for brides, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, or "just because"), and "glamour" or fashion-photography style portraiture for people that want to have a sort of "dress-up" portrait session. I'm working with a great hair and make-up artist, Meaghan Mackey, of Aspire Design Salon (www.aspire-design-salon.com) to produce this type of portraiture. She's great to work with!

"Marie" was a fun, creatively satisfying shoot. I emulated a Sarah Moon Pirelli calendar shoot from 1972 which is marked by desaturated colors, soft focus, and large grain. I was very pleased with the final look, and Meaghan created a beautiful 1930s-style makeup that worked great for what I was trying to do. And of course Marie's natural beauty really shines through. Thanks, ladies, for the great day!

No comments: